Advocating for General Dentists
AGD offers you many different types of resources on federal issues to help you advocate for your profession. Check out key issues facing general dentists and find out more about what's happening at the state and federal levels.
The AGD Legislative and Government Affairs (LGA) Council met in January to determine our federal advocacy priorities. The LGA Council concluded that the following issues were a priority:
- Regulatory Advocacy to DOJ and FTC on increased antitrust enforcement of health insurers, and
- Regulatory Advocacy to CMS, HRSA, OSHA et al., particularly regarding CMS and dental benefits under Medicare
- Opposing the legislative inclusion of dental benefits in Medicare
- Supporting the Oral Health Literacy Act
- Supporting the DOC Access Act
- Mid-level providers.
The following Leave Behinds were created for the 2022 Hill Day and can be used to advocate with your U.S. Representative and/or Senator:
- Oral Health Literacy Act
- Strengthening Medicaid Incentives for Licensees Enrolled in Dental (SMILED) Act
- Enforcement of the Competitive Health Insurance Reform Act (CHIRA)