The AGD office will be closed Dec. 25-26 & 29, 2023 and January 1, 2024, in observance of the holiday season. The office will be open on December 27-28, 2023.
Applications for the 2024 AGD Fellowship Award, Mastership Award and Lifelong Learning & Service Recognition must be submitted online by Dec. 31, 2023, to be considered for participation in the 2024 Convocation ceremony.
If you need to contact the AGD because you have questions about applying for the FAGD, MAGD or LLSR, we will respond on January 3, 2024. If your questions are received on or before the December 31, 2023 deadline and you have met all other requirements, your application WILL be accepted for consideration for the 2024 Convocation Ceremony. All questions should be emailed to Education@agd.org.
In order to allow time for processing, Fellowship Exam applications should be submitted no later than noon on December 22, 2023, to better ensure that members can make testing appointments at SMT/Prometric testing centers before December 31, 2023. Please be aware that SMT/Prometric is independent of the AGD and may have limited testing hours during the holiday season.
If you need to contact the AGD to report that your appointment to take the Fellowship Exam at an SMT Testing Center was canceled due to weather or an unannounced closure, please reschedule your exam with a representative of the testing company as soon as possible. Email documentation of your original appointment and the rescheduled appointment to Education@agd.org along with your 2024 Fellowship Award Application by December 31, 2023, to ensure that you can still be considered for the 2024 AGD Fellowship Award.
AGD Fellows commit to oral care that goes above and beyond.
Distinguish yourself professionally by pursuing the AGD Fellowship Award. Earning Fellowship through the attainment of quality continuing education (CE) culminates with receipt of your award at the AGD Convocation Ceremony held each year during
AGD’s Scientific Session.
- Maintain current AGD membership for three continuous years by Dec. 31 of the year in which the application is received, to begin no earlier than the month of dental school graduation.
- Have a dental license that has not been suspended or revoked within the past five years and is not currently under probation, suspension or revocation.
- Pass the AGD Fellowship Exam anytime as an AGD member. You do not need to complete 500 hours of CE before taking the exam.
- Complete 500 hours of approved CE.
- Attend the AGD Convocation Ceremony, held during the AGD Scientific Session, where you will receive the award; successful candidates are allowed three years following approval to complete this requirement. Awardees can register to receive complimentary general meeting registration and a complimentary ticket to the Convocation Celebration the year they receive their award.
For more information, download the AGD FAGD Guidelines.
Apply for Fellowship
To receive your AGD Fellowship Award, you must submit an application and the required fee to AGD by Dec. 31 to be considered for the class immediately following the application deadline. Click on the blue APPLY FOR FELLOWSHIP box below to start the online application.
- You MUST be logged in under your AGD Member ID to access the application.
- The current application fee is $780. You must pay this fee by credit card when submitting your online application. Effective January 1, 2024, the Fellowship Award application fee will be $860.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation email once the application and payment are received.
- Email questions to email@example.com
Click here for step-by-step directions on applying online for the AGD Fellowship Award.
Applications must be received no later than Dec. 31 to be considered for the class immediately following the application deadline. AGD’s Council on Dental Education will review your application by the end of March. You can expect to receive notification of the council’s decision by mail by mid-April.
Search the AGD’s Member-only CE Directory to find courses that will help you meet the Mastership Award Requirements. You can also find AGD PACE-Approved CE organizations in your state and contact them direct for information about their upcoming courses.