Compliance Without ConfusionDate(s)
Amy Wood, HCISPP
Subject: 566 HIPAA
Tuesday, Nov. 28: 7:30–9:30 p.m. CST
Audience: Dentists, Dental Assistants, Students
Fee: $37.50 (students and residents); $75 (members); $125 (nonmembers)
Let's face it — nobody likes compliance courses. They’re typically boring and monotonous and can feel like pulling teeth (pun intended!). Amy breaks through the barrier of boring compliance “geek speak” and uses real-life case studies, experiences and humor to make the information clear, easy to retain and even enjoyable. Learn some HIPAA basics, how they have changed over the years, and what is reasonable and appropriate for your size of practice. Amy will break down what is applicable to your dental practice and give you some easy tips to get (and stay) compliant.
- Know the basics of HIPAA, the HITECH Act and the Omnibus Rule.
- Identify where your protected health information is located and how to protect it.
- Know who your business associates are and how to lower the risk they pose to your practice.
- Identify your vulnerabilities.
- Create short- and long-term action plans to get — and keep — your practice HIPAA compliant.
Amy Wood is a bestselling author, speaker, consultant and coach. She has a background in healthcare information technology and has spent the last decade as a HIPAA educator, risk assessor and data breach consultant. Out of the hundreds of data breach investigations she has consulted on, her clients have received zero fines and zero patient lawsuits. Amy takes your boring, everyday compliance course and turns it into an entertaining and educational conversation.