INTERN, GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
Unpaid – Beginning as early as March 23, 2020
The AGD Government Relations Department is seeking an intern who is looking to gain knowledge outside of the classroom while assisting department staff in day-to-day responsibilities. The intern will have an opportunity to gain hands-on field experience as they are provided tasks to help enhance their skills and prepare them for their post-collegiate journey. This student should be able to dedicate a minimum of 15 hours per week at our downtown Chicago headquarters, and responsibilities may include the following:
- Participate in federal and state level advocacy projects related to oral health care.
- Assist with the tracking/monitoring of legislation and create legislative updates.
- Research and summarize studies, reports and other materials as needed.
- Update/compose advocacy resources and materials for members.
- Present advocacy-related stories, highlights, ideas, etc. for AGD communications and newsletters.
- Create ideas for constituent advocacy resources based on surveys, suggestions from members, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of advocacy-related member events.
- Support advocacy staff with other department tasks as needed.
- Undergraduate student in program of study related to Government Relations, Public Policy, Political Communications or similar study area.
- Ability to travel to and from downtown Chicago office.
- Ability and willingness to dedicate a minimum of 15 hours per week to internship.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Successful candidates will encompass most or all of the following:
- Desire to learn and be challenged.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of the legislative process.
- Ability to problem-solve and think critically.
- Strong and careful attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and complete tasks independently.
- Willingness to share ideas and work in teams.
- Reliable, punctual and organized.
Interested candidates should submit a current resume as well as a brief cover letter that demonstrates their writing abilities and describes why they would be the best person for this position. Please send this information to Ninia Linero at email@example.com.
General Understanding and nature of the Position Description: In Accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
AGD is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.