Under the direction of the Manager, Education, assists in executing all education programs for the AGD and its members. Provides administrative as well as logistical support to ensure program success. Support and assist the Charge of the Dental Education Council.
Essential Job Functions: (duties may not be ranked by order of importance)
- Assist the Manager, Education in securing speakers for webinars and annual meeting education. Track receipt of submitted Program Agreements and other speaker documents.
- Assist in developing the registration process for live and virtual education programs in conjunction with IT Department to include set up and monitoring of registration site, creation of confirmation and other email notices, and customer service.
- Assist and oversee any AGD traveling educational program whether it be a standalone program or a coordinated one with an educational partner.
- Oversee and assist Manager of Education with the revenue sharing program. This involves tabulation, documentation, and disbursement of revenue received from all educational programs.
- Support and coordinate with the IT department, CE Entry team, and Members/Non-Members, the CE verification/CE Letter process for AGD educational programs (to include, but not limited to, Webinars, Education Collaborations, Online library, and other educational programs as needed)
- Coordinate and facilitate all of the AGD education webinars and online library, including hosting, speaker contracting, speaker rehearsals, messaging, customer service, and troubleshooting, etc.
- Assist in the direction of marketing and communications to help ensure the best timing and messaging goes out to our members to encourage the greatest amount of member interest.
- To assist the Manager of Education in relaying timely information to Constituent and offering those constituents who would likely want to coordinate with AGD.
- Maintain the speaker and course evaluation database year-round to include all live and virtual programming conducted by AGD’s headquarters, Annual Scientific Meeting and Region or State Constituents and components.
- Assist in providing refunds, reconciling control sheets and other financial consolidations as related to Dental Education programs / council in conjunction with Finance, Constituent Services, and other identified departments.
- Attend and support Dental Education Monthly Conference calls and DCM meetings including scheduling, finalizing agendas, recording and transcribing minutes and other support.
- Coordinate or manage the Constituent UAA CE Award of Excellence and Weclew awards and application and review process and procedures.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends as required.
- Provide administrative support to the Manager, Education for all education programs.
- Assist with department activities and special projects as directed.
- Coordinate all education so that DE oversees and develops one common rubric of education for all speakers and course content.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Credentials (years of experience):
- Three to five years administrative support experience with responsibility for coordinating multiple projects or events requiring significant customer service.
- Adult Learning, Public Health Education, LMS background recommended.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with AGD members, volunteer leaders and officers; suppliers; and staff and present a positive image of AGD through these communications.
- Exceptional PC skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and ability and willingness to learn new software and programs as required.
- Ability to work on a wide variety of tasks independently and in a team structure.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities required.
- Ability to coordinate projects and work within groups to facilitate change, propose alternatives, and create solutions.
- Ability to meet deadlines, set priorities, and demonstrate an attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and logic skills, and ability to lift and move heavy boxes.
- Strong customer service mentality, and willingness to work additional hours and travel as needed.
General Understanding and Nature of the Position Description: In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources team.
AGD is an equal opportunity employer.