General Summary of Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Director, Governance assists with Governance and OED as directed. Review and update the governance sections of the AGD website. Maintain and update all information for the Board, Executive Committee (EC), councils, committees and task forces through iMIS. Create agendas, prepare materials for electronic meeting workbooks for the Board and EC, take concise minutes, prepare and distribute the minutes electronically. Review, maintain and update policy manuals as approved by the Board. Assist with organization activities and special projects as directed.
Essential Job Functions: (duties may not be ranked by order of importance)
- Maintain, update, and monitor the Associations governing documents such as: Governance Action Item List, Office of the Executive Director Operations Manual, Board and House of Delegate Policy manuals, Academy of General Dentistry Constitution and Bylaws
- Assist the Executive Director in producing monitoring reports for the Board Policy Manual to assure that policies are up to date. Provides additional administrative support to the Executive Director as directed.
- Manage and coordinate organization calendar including proactive identification of all meeting and event dates of official AGD leadership activities.
- Update semi-annually allied organization briefing papers. Assist senior staff with developing agendas and background information for officer meetings with allied organizations. Assist with the development of the professional relations program.
- Monitor and update the Governance portion of the Academy of General Dentistry’s website which includes the Leader Resource Center, Leader Opportunities, and Board and Executive Committee websites.
- Manage and update Board and Executive Committee portions of AGD Connect which includes but is not limited to monitoring and administrating discussion threads, library document submissions and the calendar.
- Work closely with senior staff to assist various workgroups, committees, councils, and task forces with ad hoc requests; serve as a staff liaison to the Executive Director and Board. Work with the Director, Governance, Executive Director, and President on the creation of agendas, preparation materials for electronic meeting workbooks for Board and EC meetings, take concise minutes, preparation and distribution of such in accordance with policy.
- Work closely with the Governance Coordinator in processing Board and EC expense and allotment reimbursement requests.
- Manage the yearly Call to Leader Engagement process, which includes soliciting appointment recommendations and requests, working closely with staff liaisons and the President-Elect to manage appointment letters and certificates associated with all aspects of the process. Update the iMIS database and files in conjunction with the Executive Assistant.
- Assist management with any organization projects as requested as well as other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent office experience.
Credentials (years of experience): Experience in a professional office environment and experience with Associations and/or non-profits is helpful.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail and ability to multi-task. Must have a can-do attitude and desire to continue learning.
- Exhibit strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to proofread and edit.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment helpful.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, flexibility, and the ability to work independently is required.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Experience with a content management system is helpful.
- This position will occasionally require work outside of traditional business hours and may include travel as needed inclusive of but not limited to bi-annual Board or Annual meetings, bi-weekly conference calls, and occasional weekends for organizational meetings.
- Must be able to type 50 words per minute.
General Understanding and Nature of the Position Description: In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources team.
AGD is an equal opportunity employer.